Requirements for applying for a visa in India vary from country to country, with some more difficult than others. This blog article lists the documents that you should take along with you to your visa application center, and outlines the process of applying for an Indian eVisa Online.
What Documents Should You Take With You To The Visa Application Centre?
If you are a foreigner wishing to visit India, you will need to obtain an Indian eVisa. There are different requirements for different types of eVisas, so it is important that you know what documents you need to bring to the visa application center.
Below are the most common documents that foreigners will need when applying for an Indian eVisa:
– A passport valid for at least six months after your planned trip date.
– Two recent passport-style photos that meet the Indian requirements (see below).
– Your travel itinerary, including dates of entry and exit from India.
– Proof of funds in the form of a bank statement, certified letter from your bank or other financial institution, or cashier’s check.
– Proof of accommodation, such as an invitation letter or reservation confirmation.
– Health insurance certification if required by the Indian embassy or consulate where you are applying.
– Evidence of your return ticket/reservation.
Indian eVisa Requirements
If you are planning to travel to India, you will need an Indian visa. There are a few different types of visas that you may need depending on your nationality and the purpose of your trip. Here is a list of the most common Indian visas and the necessary documents that you will need to apply for them: Indian e-Visa Application Passport Requirements
1. Indian tourist visa: This is the most common type of visa and is required for all tourists visiting India. You will need a passport photo, a photocopy of your passport page with your visa application stamp, and your passport. The application can be made at any Indian embassy or consulate.
2. Business visa: If you are traveling to India to conduct business, you will need a business visa. You will need a valid passport, a letter from your company confirming that you will be in India for business purposes, and proof of financial stability (such as an accountant’s report). The application can be made at any Indian embassy or consulate.
3. Employment visa: If you are looking for employment in India, you will need an employment visa. You will need a valid passport, proof of employment (such as an employer’s letter), and two recent photographs (
What Are the Chances of Your Indian eVisa Getting Denied?
Indian eVisa applicants face a high chance of denial, as the Indian government has been tightening visa requirements in recent years. In order to apply for an Indian eVisa, you will need to provide documentation that proves your identity, nationality, and residency. The following are some of the most commonly requested documents:
– Your passport
– A copy of your residence permit or visa
– Proof of financial stability (bank statement, investment certificate, etc.)
– Proof of health insurance coverage in India (health card, medical report, etc.)
– Proof of travel plans (plane tickets, hotel reservations, etc.)
Before you go to the visa application center, make sure you have all of the following documents with you: your passport photo, a valid passport, two recent color photos, proof of residency (a utility bill or bank statement), photocopies of all your documents, and your visa application form. Make copies of everything as well! As I was pretty much in a hurry, it seems that the staff was a bit worried that my documents did not have all of the required information so they made me fill out an extra form and I was sent back to the counter to pay for the visa. The total cost of the visa was $140; however, I received a discount coupon which saved me $20. If you do not have this coupon or if you don’t know how to get one, be prepared to pay full price (the coupon is distributed with applications).