Roll out the red carpet because it’s time to highlight the most sensational films made their way onto the big screen this year! From heart-pumping action blockbusters to heartwarming dramas, these cinematic treasures have left us spellbound. So grab a bucket of popcorn and get ready for Lights, Camera, Action as we unveil our top 10 must-see movies of the year that are guaranteed to leave you mesmerized long after you’ve left the theater!
As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. The same can be said about the year; it eventually reaches its last days. However, before 2018 comes to a close, there are still a few great movies that have yet to grace the silver screen. Here are five of the top must-see movies of the year, so make sure you don’t miss out!
1) A Wrinkle in Time
This film adaptation of Madeleine L’Engle’s classic novel follows Meg Murry (Storm Reid) as she embarks on a journey through space and time to rescue her father (Chris Pine) from the evil forces that have imprisoned him. Along the way, Meg is joined by her younger brother Charles Wallace (Deric McCabe) and their new friend Calvin (Levi Miller). Together, they must face challenges and overcome obstacles, all while learning about the power of love and friendship.
2) Black Panther
After the death of his father, T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) returns home to Wakanda to take his rightful place as king. However, when an old enemy reappears and threatens Wakanda’s peace and stability, T’Challa must suit up as Black Panther and fight for his people. With help from his trusted bodyguard Okoye (Danai Gurira) and his little sister Shuri (Letitia Wright), T’Challa sets out to save Wakanda and
Top 10 Must-See Movies of the Year
2) The Florida Project
3) Get Out
4) Logan Lucky
7) The Post
8) The Shape of Water
9) Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
10) Wonder Woman
If you’re a movie buff, the end of the year is always an exciting time. Critics and film festivals release their lists of the best movies of the year, and you can finally catch up on all the films you missed.
To help you plan your must-see list, we’ve compiled a list of the top movies of the year, according to critics. From big-budget blockbusters to independent gems, there’s something for everyone.
So grab some popcorn and settle in for a good movie!
Box Office Records & Reactions
There’s nothing like a box office hit to get moviegoers talking. This year has seen some massive films hit theaters, and they’re only getting bigger and better. Here are the top must-see movies of the year, based on box office records and reactions:
1. Avengers: Infinity War – This film has been breaking records left and right, becoming the highest-grossing superhero movie of all time. Fans can’t get enough of the action, suspense, and humor that make this film so great.
2. Black Panther – Another record-breaking film, Black Panther is one of the most groundbreaking superhero movies in recent years. It features a strong cast of black actors and actresses, telling an empowering story about African culture and history.
3. A Quiet Place – This horror film has been praised for its originality, scares, and emotional depth. It’s one of the highest-grossing horror films of all time, proving that audiences are still hungry for quality scares.
4. Solo: A Star Wars Story – The newest Star Wars installment was a bit divisive among fans, but there’s no denying that it’s a fun ride. It’s exciting to see new characters and locations in the beloved franchise, even if some aspects didn’t quite live up to expectations.
5. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The fifth Jurassic Park movie was another huge success, grossing over $1 billion at the worldwide box office. Fans love seeing these
Awards & Nominations
The Academy Awards are the highest honor in the film industry, and this year’s crop of movies did not disappoint. From gripping dramas to heartwarming comedies, there was something for everyone at the box office. Here are the top must-see movies of the year:
“Birdman” – Michael Keaton stars in this dark comedy about an actor who once played a superhero trying to make a comeback on Broadway. “Boyhood” – Richard Linklater’s coming-of-age drama follows a young boy (Ellar Coltrane) from age 5 to 18. “Foxcatcher” – Steve Carell gives a chilling performance as John du Pont, a real-life millionaire who murdered an Olympic wrestler. “Gone Girl” – David Fincher’s adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s bestselling novel is a twisty thriller about a woman (Rosamund Pike) who goes missing on her fifth anniversary. “The Imitation Game” – Benedict Cumberbatch stars as Alan Turing, the brilliant mathematician who helped crack the Nazi code during World War II. “Selma” – Ava DuVernay’s powerful drama chronicles Martin Luther King Jr.’s (David Oyelowo) historic civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery.
Behind the Scenes Trivia & Fun Facts
As the world anxiously awaits the release of some of the most anticipated movies of the year, we thought it would be fun to take a look behind the scenes at some of the trivia and fun facts about these highly anticipated films.
For instance, did you know that:
– The much-anticipated movie “Avengers: Infinity War” took an incredible 11 months to film, with a total of 76 days spent on location and 259 days spent in studio.
– The lead character in “Black Panther” is played by Chadwick Boseman, who is best known for his role as Jackie Robinson in “42”.
– The upcoming movie “Ready Player One” is based on a novel by Ernest Cline, who also wrote the screenplay for the film.
– The much-anticipated movie ” Solo: A Star Wars Story” was originally going to be directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, but they were replaced by Ron Howard during production.
Visual Effects & Cinematography Highlights
The use of visual effects and cinematography are integral parts of creating a successful film. In order to create a truly captivating movie experience, filmmakers must pay close attention to both of these elements.
Some of the best examples of visual effects and cinematography can be found in the following films:
1) The Martian: Ridley Scott’s sci-fi thriller is full of stunning visual effects that bring the red planet to life. The film’s use of colour and light is also very effective, creating an otherworldly atmosphere.
2) Mad Max: Fury Road: This action-packed movie features some incredible stunt work and visual effects. The cars and scenery look amazing, and the chase scenes are thrilling to watch.
3) Ex Machina: This thought-provoking film uses visual effects to create some very realistic robots. The film’s stark visuals help to heighten the tension and paranoia felt by the characters.
4) Inside Out: Pixar’s latest animated movie is rife with beautiful visuals. From the vibrant colours of Riley’s mind, to the intricate designs of the emotions themselves, there is a lot to feast your eyes on in this film.
5) Star Wars: The Force Awakens: J.J. Abrams’ long-awaited return to the Star Wars franchise does not disappoint when it comes to visuals. The movie is packed with jaw-dropping moments, from Rey’s first encounter with Luke Skywalker, to the climactic battle between Kylo