Travelling to India as a Canadian citizen can be daunting and time-consuming – but it doesn’t have to be. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about obtaining an Indian Visa for Canadian Citizens, including which airports you can use for entry. So if you’re ready to start planning your trip, keep reading!
Introduction to the Indian Visa Process for Canadian Citizens
The process of obtaining an Indian visa for Canadian citizens can be a bit confusing and overwhelming. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we will walk you through the entire process step-by-step so that you know exactly what to do and expect.
First things first, you will need to determine which type of visa is best suited for your travel purposes. There are several different types of visas available, each with its own specific requirements and conditions. The most common types of visas are tourist visas, business visas, and student visas.INDIAN VISA FOR CANADIAN CITIZENS
Once you have determined which type of visa you need, the next step is to gather all of the required documents. For a list of all required documents, please see our blog post on “The Ultimate Guide To Obtaining An Indian Visa For Canadian Citizens”.
Once you have all of your required documents in order, the next step is to submit your application online. You will need to create an account on the official website of the Government of India’s e-Visa facility in order to apply for your visa. After creating your account, simply follow the instructions on the website to complete and submit your application.
Once your application has been submitted, all that’s left to do is wait for your visa to be processed. The processing time for Indian visas can vary depending on the type of visa and the time of year that you apply. However, most visas are processed within a few weeks.
Requirements for Obtaining an Indian Visa
To obtain an Indian visa, Canadian citizens must submit the following:
-A valid Canadian passport
-Two passport-size photographs
-A completed visa application form
-Proof of onward travel
-A letter of invitation from a host in India (if applicable)
The process for applying for an Indian visa can vary depending on which country you are applying from. In Canada, applications can be submitted either in person at a local consulate or by mail. The Consulate General of India in Toronto is responsible for processing visas for residents of Ontario, Manitoba, Nunavut, and Northwest Territories.
Documents Needed for an Indian Visa
When applying for an Indian visa, you will need to submit the following documents:
- A valid Canadian passport with at least six months of remaining validity and at least two blank pages.
- One completed and signed visa application form. Please note that the visa application form must be completely filled out and signed by the applicant. Incomplete or unsigned forms will not be accepted.
- Two recent passport-style photographs of the applicant, taken within the last six months. The photographs must be 2 x 2 inches (5 x 5 cm) in size, with a white background.
- A copy of your flight itinerary or travel confirmation showing entry and exit dates from India. If you are applying for a multiple-entry visa, please provide proof of previous travel to India within the last 12 months (such as copies of previous visas or stamps).
Processing Time and Fees for an Indian Visa
The minimum processing time for an Indian visa is 4 weeks from the date of application. However, it is advisable to apply for your visa at least 8 weeks in advance of your proposed travel date to allow for any unforeseen delays.
There are two types of fees associated with applying for an Indian visa – the visa application fee and the service fee. The visa application fee is paid directly to the Indian government and is non-refundable. The service fee is paid to the company that you are using to assist with your application and is refundable if your application is unsuccessful.
The cost of an Indian visa varies depending on the type of visa that you require and how long it is valid for. For example, a single-entry tourist visa valid for 6 months costs CAD$75, while a multiple-entry business visa valid for 1 year costs CAD$400.INDIAN VISA AIRPORTS FOR ENTRY
Approved Airports For Entry Into India
As of October 2019, there are 26 airports that offer e-Visas for entry into India. They are as follows:
Tips For a Smooth and Efficient Application Process
- Start your application at least two weeks in advance of your planned travel date. This will ensure that you have plenty of time to complete the process and receive your visa before you leave.
- Make sure to have all of the required documents ready before starting your application. This includes a passport, photos, and any other supporting materials that may be required.
- When filling out your application, be sure to answer all questions truthfully and accurately. Incorrect or incomplete information could result in delays or even a rejection of your application.
- Pay close attention to the instructions on the application form, and follow them carefully. Failure to do so could result in delays or errors in processing your application.
- If you are applying for an e-Visa, be sure to have a valid credit or debit card handy as you will need it to complete the payment process.
- Once you have submitted your application, keep an eye on the status online or via email/SMS updates from the Visa Authority. This will help you stay up-to-date on the progress of your application and know when to expect a decision.
The ultimate guide to obtaining an Indian visa for Canadian citizens and approved airports for entry has been a great help in navigating the process. We hope that this guide has provided you with all the necessary information about how to get your visa as quickly and easily as possible. With these tips, we are confident that you’ll be able to get your Indian visa from Canada without any problems! Good luck on your journey!