This post breaks down the Indian visa photo requirements and document requirements for U.S. citizens, including what you need to apply for a visa in India and what you should make sure you have before your trip.
What are the Indian visa photo requirements?
The Indian visa photo requirements are simple, but do require some preparation. You will need a passport-style photo that is 2-by-2 inches in size, taken within the last six months. The photo must be clear and free of any facial distortion or blemishes. In addition to the passport-style photo, you will also need to provide your passport information, including your full name, date of birth, and nationality. Finally, you will need to present a valid visa for India if you wish to travel there. INDIAN VISA PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
What are the Indian visa document requirements?
To visit India, you will need a valid visa. The Indian visa document requirements vary depending on your nationality, type of visa, and the class of travel you are intending to make. To find out what documents you need for your specific case, please consult the Indian embassy or consulate near you.
Most visitors require a passport that is valid for at least six months after the intended date of departure from India. For citizens of some countries, such as Canada and the United States, a passport with an electronic chip is required.
The following are some other common Indian visa document requirements:
– A photocopy of your passport’s front page including your full name, nationality, photograph, and signature;
– Two recent passport-size photographs;
– A completed visa application form (available from Indian embassies and consulates);
– Proof of accommodation if staying in India for more than 28 days;
– Payment of an application fee (which can vary depending on the location). INDIAN VISA DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
Visa Photo Requirements Checklist
Indian visa photo requirements are relatively straightforward. All you need is your passportphoto, a recent passport-sized photograph, and 2 copies of the following documents:
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- Copy of your visa application form (if applicable)
- Proof of travel arrangements, if applicable
- Fee payment slip/check or money order payable to the Embassy or Consulate General
- Return envelope for your visa application package (if applicable)
- Visa application form translation if not in English
- Proof of citizenship (such as a birth certificate, driver’s license, residency certificate) if not Indian
Indian visa photo requirements are slightly different for nationals from certain countries. Check with your nearest Indian embassy or consulate about specific requirements for your country of origin.
Visa Document Requirements Checklist
If you are planning on traveling to India, it is important to be aware of the visa requirements and document requirements that must be met in order to qualify for a visa.
The Indian government requires that all visitors submit a passport which has at least six months remaining validity. Additionally, all visitors must present a valid visa application form together with their passport and other required documents.
Visitors who are not citizens of India or who do not hold a valid visa will be required to obtain an Indian Visa prior to travel. The visa can be obtained from any Indian embassy or consulate. To find the nearest embassy or consulate, please visit the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
Once you have obtained your Indian visa, make sure to bring all of the following documentation with you when arriving in India: your passport, valid visa application form (available from your local Indian embassy or consulate), one photo identification (such as a driver’s license), and proof of financial resources (such as recent bank statements).